The Photo of the Month Calendar is free of charge and open during the last two weeks of every month. Those wishing to show their work on the calendar must be over 18 years old and do so under a shared interest agreement. Calendar slot requests can be made until all twelve places for the current year are taken. The subject matter can be as diverse as the natural world itself including landscapes, plants, wildlife, captive wild animals; rock, wave and cloud formations; the night sky or weather in any background, style or setting, e.g. urban, black and white, colour, abstract or macro. However, as there are only twelve places available, applicants are allowed only one request per month and must ensure their submission does not contain or consist of the following:
- Images with links unsuitable for children.
- Images inappropriate to the theme of the calendar or the content of this website*
- Images sent as original RAW files or original full sized JPEGs.
- Images taken with little skill, time or effort, i.e of poor picture quality.
- Images of nesting birds taken with lenses less than 500mm
- Images of birds on feeders; farm animals and domestic or exotic pets.
- Images that clearly feature human faces; vehicle registration numbers; house names and door numbers as well as company names or logos.
- Images owned by a third party.
- Images created using fabricating software*.
- Images found to be a second entry made within the same month.
- Images submitted outside the opening time/after the closing time.
*Note too that depictions of certain kinds of animal behaviour such as mating, defecation and the killing of live prey may also be in breach of these terms if considered to be too graphic, explicit or unsuitable for children. Post-processing, e.g, cloning, cropping, sharpening ect to a degree is permissable. However, the inclusion of additional elements to your original photo by means of background swapping or the use of cut-outs is not permissible.
To request a place on the calendar: email an uncropped JPEG landscape copy of your photo (preferably watermarked) with a title and story of no more than 250 words; excluding any names of those with you at the time. Please include details of any calendar events and page links you might have, stating whether you’d like to have your entry deleted or archived at the end of its run. Although one link will suffice, you’re allowed a maximum two, e.g. one for your photo and the other to your name. Your events will be published on the next site update. As soon as your calendar slot becomes available, your picture will be posted with your name and photo linked to your online location free for that month. At the end of which, your photo and details will either be deleted from the site or archived as per your instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms subject to change without notice.